Fine Art Painting Commissions
Join countless happy customers who have commissioned the paintings of their dreams, whether as gifts for loved ones, for their own home decor, as nursery art for their children, murals for their home or restaurant, or even as props for marriage proposals!
As a lifelong Artist, I create your vision with the highest quality paints and premium organic hand-constructed gallery-wrapped canvas. We communicate throughout the process about key aspects such as the time-frame for completion and your feedback on the progress of the artwork. Custom framing options are also available for an extra fee, which is typically around $250, but can be a bit lower or higher depending on size and materials.
Prices for custom fine art paintings depend on size and complexity, but typically range from $1,000 to $5,000, with the most common price for commissions being around $2,000. For portrait paintings, the price for each individual starts at $1,500, with a $100 reduction for each added individual (i.e. 3 people in the painting will cost $1,500 + $1,400 + $1,300 = $4,200.
How is delivery / shipping handled?
- Paintings can be delivered in person in the DC area. If shipped, paintings are carefully packaged in a protective box and shipped via the most economical method, whether USPS, FedEx or UPS, unless you request an expedited shipping service.
How long does it take to complete a painting?
- Custom paintings are typically completed within 2-4 weeks of beginning the painting.
- For paintings that are needed during the winter holidays, please make your request in October if possible, as I tend to get more painting requests during this time of the year! If it’s past October, please still get in touch and I will make an effort to fit it in if possible!
What materials do you use?
- My paintings are on the best canvas that exists – hand-constructed organic cotton canvas stretched over FSC-certified heavy-duty wood stretcher bars that I prime by hand with an all-natural, 100% non-toxic limestone powder-based gesso. I can also paint on watercolor paper if a watercolor painting is desired.
- For paint mediums, I almost always use top-quality professional oil paints, unless a specific medium is requested otherwise, as I am comfortable in all mediums.