How is delivery / shipping handled?
- Paintings can be delivered in person in the DC area.
- If shipped, your paintings are carefully packaged in a protective box and shipped via the most economical method, whether USPS, FedEx or UPS, unless you request an expedited shipping service.
How long does it take to complete a painting?
- Custom paintings are typically completed within 2-4 weeks of beginning the painting.
- For paintings that are needed during the winter holidays, please make your request in October if possible, as I tend to get more painting requests during this time of the year!
What materials do you use?
- Most of my paintings are on hand-constructed organic cotton canvas stretched over FSC-certified heavy-duty wood stretcher bars that I prime by hand with an all-natural, 100% non-toxic limestone powder-based gesso. However, I can also paint on watercolor paper, wood board, drywall (for murals), and make drawings on archival heavyweight hard-press or cold-press papers.
- For paint mediums, it depends on the painting, but I use oils, acrylics, gouache and watercolor, as well as inks. I’m happy to accommodate any specific requests you may have, or you can also feel comfortable leaving it up to me!
Do you offer framing?
- Yes! I hand-construct floating wood frames that can optionally be stained with a 100% non-toxic stain.